Please note: The new Studio text tool is currently in limited availability. Please contact your Ceros Customer Success Manager if you are interested in leveraging it.
In this guide:
The new Studio text tool is a foundational rebuild of text in Studio that gives users several new capabilities. This guide will review its new features and notes on implementation in your Ceros workflow.
Important Things to Note
Here are some essential things to keep in mind when leveraging the new text tool in the Ceros Studio:
- Any experiences using the legacy text tool (i.e. all existing experiences) cannot use the new text tool
- Copies or templates of legacy experiences cannot use the new text tool
- Users cannot copy/paste text from legacy experiences into experiences using the new text tool (or vice versa)
- The new text tool works best on Google Chrome
- The Ceros SDK is not currently supported with the new text tool
- Experiences using the new text tool cannot be exported
- Imported design files (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch files) will use the legacy text tool
New Text Tool Features
- Asian fonts support
- Support for more than one font style per text box (multiple font families, font sizes, and line heights are now possible within the same text box)
- Improved bounding box behavior
- New text will use a "fixed" bounding box by default. Text that overflows outside of the bounding box will be hidden in both Studio and experiences.
- Signposting in Studio so that users know what type of text an experience uses
- Your typography settings will look like this when an experience is using the new text tool: the highlighted notice above can be clicked on to reveal more information:
- Comparatively, the typography settings will appear like this when an experience is using the legacy text tool: the highlighted notice above can be clicked on to reveal more information:
- Bulleted and numbered lists, superscript, and subscript support (please note that hyperlinks cannot be applied to superscript/subscript text)
While in limited availability, the new text tool will have limited compatibility with Editor.
- When editing text in Editor, there will be no additions to the text toolbar.
- Bullets can be created with the dash (-) button
- Superscript and subscript characters will not have buttons in the Editor text toolbar, and those characters will not be editable by an Editor.