As any creative can attest, the back and forth involved in receiving design feedback and making suggested edits is a large, crucial part of a project workflow. Unfortunately, this feedback often takes the form of something resembling a never-ending email thread, pages upon pages of outdated screenshots, or a massively cumbersome Excel sheet that is impossible to follow. If only there was a way to consolidate all of your colleagues’ feedback on the actual project in real-time...
Introducing MarkUp – a Ceros product that allows real-time, collaborative commenting on websites—and yes!—Ceros experiences. Think of MarkUp as the de facto tool to solicit and organize all of your creative feedback.
How does it work?
Getting started with MarkUp is easy! Just follow the below steps:
1. Sign up for a free account at markup.io
- If you are unable to use the Google Chrome Browser and/or install the Chrome Extension, please speak to your CSM or LAM to discuss alternative workflows.
3. Enter any Ceros URL (preview link or published view link) or a non-Ceros URL in the top bar (Enter a URL here field) and MarkUp will immediately create a project for you once you click Go.
3. Once created, you can share the project with other members of your team, or click the Open button while hovering over the project's tile to launch the MarkUp interface.
4. Click anywhere on the page to add a comment to that particular object. As you add comments, you and your teammates will see these reflected along the left-hand panel.
5. To navigate within an experience/site while in MarkUp, simply toggle the Browse button. Your comments can follow pages across your site or experience.
You can also toggle between desktop, tablet, and mobile views to make device-specific comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a preview link instead of a published Ceros link in MarkUp?
A: Yes! You can use your preview link in MarkUp. It’s important to note that since Ceros preview links update live while changes are being made in the studio, the previews in MarkUp will also update live. So keep this in mind if you are making updates in the Ceros studio while someone is reviewing your project in MarkUp. Also, MarkUp strips the Global Layouts panel from the top of the preview window, so you will not see that panel when viewing your project in MarkUp.
Q: Can I use MarkUp for non-Ceros links?
A: Absolutely! It is our goal for MarkUp to become the most versatile tool in your toolbox when it comes to commenting and resolving design changes.
Q: We only have one Ceros license, will that impact our access to MarkUp?
A: Not at all. MarkUp is free for anyone to use. Period.
Q: How do I share my account with other team members?
A: In MarkUp, you can invite contributors to an individual project, or give access to your entire account. To share all of your projects with another user, navigate to the Team panel in the MarkUp admin, and select Invite. Type the contributor’s email address into the invitation area and hit Send.
Q: Will I be able to comment on different Ceros layouts?
A: Absolutely! Just ensure you are using Screen Width as the detection method for different layouts within your Adaptive layout settings, and when you toggle to different device views in MarkUp you should see the respective layout for that device type. For more information on creating variants in Ceros take a look at this Educate article.
Please note: If someone on your team is commenting on your Ceros experience in MarkUp, be sure to not republish that experience under a new URL until you have addressed all comments on the piece and no longer need to view them. If you change the URL of the experience, MarkUp will not be able to locate existing comments on the project.