Note: SSO Protected Experiences (SSO PE) is a premium Studio feature, so if you are interested in leveraging this feature, please reach out to your Ceros Customer Success Manager to discuss.
As Ceros can be leveraged across a wide variety of use cases, there may be instances where you want to create engaging private content for your employees. Think of internal comms that you don’t want anyone outside of your organization to read, or RFPs that you’d only like to be visible to certain prospects and sales teams. In these situations, you can of course disable SEO for the experience in the Studio's Settings panel, but you can also take things one step further and protect your content by requiring SSO authentication to view the experience.
This feature enables you to require SSO authentication to view the experience, so that way anyone who wants to view the content must log in to view the experience via your company’s identity provider (ie. using the same login they use for their company).
Please note: SSO Protected Experiences is a premium feature that must first be turned on for your Ceros account and have SSO set up to leverage. Please contact your Customer Success Manager to arrange for this feature to be enabled. Once that is done:
- Open up the experience you’d like to SSO protect in the Studio.
- Navigate to the Settings panel and open it to view the Experience settings tab.
- Check the box next to “Accessible with company login only”.
- Click OK to close your settings panel and save the setting.
Now, when you view your standalone Ceros experience, you will see a special login page that will first check if you are already authenticated into your company’s identity provider and, if not, will prompt you for your company login credentials. Once you have authenticated, you can view the published experience.
A few things to note:
- At this time, this feature only works with standalone experiences and is not recommended to be used with embedded experiences.
- The existing Password Protected Experiences (PPE) feature will still be available for customers who wish to use that feature instead. A single experience cannot have both PPE and SSO PE simultaneously enabled.
- This feature will work with Vanity Domains (unlike PPE).
- If you would like to use this feature, but cannot connect to your company’s SSO, there is still an option to use this. However, without SSO, viewing these experiences will be limited to anyone who has a login to your Ceros account.